Jump to Navigation

January 2017 Archives

Can a registered sex offender have custody of a child?

Parents in Arizona have different parenting styles. Parents also punish their children in different ways depending on what they find to be the most effective method. However, what all parents want to do is protect their children from harm and potentially harmful people. One major concern for some Arizonans is protecting children from registered sex offenders. This issue may cause concern if the sex offender is the child's parent.

Stars of the show "Flip or Flop" on HGTV file for divorce

Many fans of the TV show "Flip or Flop" may have learned that the couple separated a few months ago, shocking many who watched the couple work together on the show. Tarek El Moussa has now filed for divorce, and it appears any efforts to reconcile the marriage did not work. However, the two will still be filming episodes of their show together for the next seven months. Tarek is also seeking spousal maintenance, which is just one of a long list of divorce legal issues that may arise in this case.

Registering an alimony order from another state in Arizona

There are a number of issues that must be addressed when a couple separates their life via divorce. They need to divide assets, determine which parent will have custody, figure out parenting time for each parent, have child support addressed, and, in some instances, settle the matter of alimony. However, as lives change after a divorce, people may end up moving to another state for one reason or another, which may complicate matters.

Does a father have a right to information about his child?

There are many fathers in Arizona. Each one of these fathers has a unique relationship with their children. Fathers also have different legal relationships with their children. If a father is married when they have a child, then they have legal custodial rights even though there is not a court order saying so. If a father is divorced or was never married to the mother of the child when a child is born, then they must have a court order granting them custodial rights in order to have them.

Wilson-Goodman Law Group, PLLC is one of the East Valley's premiere litigation law firms.

Gilbert Office
538 South Gilbert Road, Suite 101
Gilbert, Arizona 85296
Phone: 480-359-1758
Fax: 480-503-9219
Map & Directions

Queen Creek Office
22035 South Ellsworth Road
Queen Creek, Arizona 85142
Phone: 800-409-2187
Fax: 480-686-9452
Map & Directions

Visit Our General Practice Website

How Can We Help?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

FindLaw Network